Area of expertise
Banking and finance
Setterwalls Banking and Finance Group advise on all aspects of banking and finance transactions including:
- acquisition finance
- real estate finance
- asset finance (including receivables financings, vessels, aircraft and wind farms)
- project and export finance
- bonds and other capital market financing
- restructurings and workouts
The highly experienced team also works regularly with complex matters regarding investments, sovereign loans, guarantees and related financing issues.
We act for Swedish and international clients such as:
- banks and financial institutions
- debt funds and direct lenders
- private equity sponsors
- corporate borrowers
- insurance and reinsurance companies
- governmental and international organisations
We regularly work on cross-border transactions and have well-established relationships with other leading law firms across the world which enables us to work smoothly with colleagues working in other jurisdictions in cross-border cases.
Highly ranked by leading ranking institutes
Our leading experts within the Banking & Finance group are highly ranked by the leading ranking institutes such as Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR1000 and Legal500.
Financial market regulation
With a broad practical experience and in-depth knowledge of financial regulatory issues and compliance-related matters, through working for various companies and authorities, we help our clients with:
- licence applications
- drafting or reviewing a wide variety of policies and governing documents
- regulatory opinions
- support in all types of matters in relation to the Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen).
We have experience of working in many different regulatory frameworks such as:
- Anti-Money Laundering regulation
- PSD 2
- UCITS and AIF fund legislation
- MiFID II
- CRD IV
- Solvency 2
We offer our services mainly to Swedish and international clients such as:
- banks and insurance companies
- securities firms
- stock exchanges and other financial institutions in all types of cases related to the financial regulatory area and compliance
- other operators engaged in activities subject to licenses
- governmental agencies
Furthermore, we regularly participate in writing news articles on financial regulation. We participate as lecturers at seminars and actively participate in teaching at various educational institutions and universities.